[IronPython] Pondering Monad/MSH and IronPython

John Lam jlam at iunknown.com
Mon Jul 25 09:21:14 PDT 2005

On the other hand, it's useful to avoid context switches to get things done. For example, we recently tossed NAnt out of our build/deploy environment and replaced it with Ruby+Rake. In NAnt, the context switch from "scripting a task" to "writing a task" was really severe - you had to pull out your compiler to get something done. In Ruby+Rake, we now seemlessly migrate back and forth between sending commands to the shell, to writing abstractions to do certain things (like config our NLBS cluster) to writing descriptions like "this target depends on these three other targets".

I haven't had a chance to look at the MSH language yet - apparently something is keeping my betaplace application from being accepted (or my spam filter is eating the reply - not sure :)) but for those who have seen it, can python or ruby-isms produce more or less the syntax?

-John
http://www.iunknown.com