[IronPython] How to update visual studio for Ironpython beta 7 & Infinite loop on package import

Aude Espesset aude at microsoft.com
Fri Jun 2 14:00:11 PDT 2006

Hi,

I have the april 2006 version of Visual Studio which contains IronPython, but I don't know how to update it to work with beta 7. I'm guessing I should copy the new source code somewhere and rebuild but I don't know where to copy it.

My second question is about infinite loops when importing packages. There is an old message regarding this issue: http://lists.ironpython.com/htdig.cgi/users-ironpython.com/2006-March/001884.html
Is it still an active bug? One package gives me an infinite loop on import. Should I try to trace back where it falls into an infinite loop or are you aware of this bug and still working on it?

Thanks,
Aude