[IronPython] How to update visual studio for Ironpython beta 7 & Infinite loop on package import

Dino Viehland dinov at exchange.microsoft.com
Fri Jun 2 14:14:17 PDT 2006

We're actually not aware of any issues w/ importing...  do you have a simple repro, or does it repro w/ the same steps as the previous one for you?

To update to beta 7 you should be able to replace the IronPython binaries that ship w/ VSIP.  Those typically get deployed to:

%ProgramFiles\Visual Studio 2005 SDK\(some date)\VisualStudioIntegration\Common\Assemblies

Just replace those, then re-build the IronPython integration sample (%ProgramFiles%\Visual Studio 2005 SDK\(some date)\VisualStudioIntegration\Samples\IronPythonIntegration\) and then the project should be up-to-date and using beta 7.