[IronPython] IronPython & Windows Forms IV

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Sat Jun 3 02:57:31 PDT 2006

Sanghyeon Seo wrote:
> 2006/6/3, Michael Foord <fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk>:
>
>> Thanks :-)
>> Damn copy and paste. I'd be happy to post mono screenshots by the way.
>>

> Uploaded to the usual place.
> http://sparcs.kaist.ac.kr/~tinuviel/fepy/winforms/
>
> I have a question. Why do you substract 15 from the height? This line
> of code doesn't seem to be explained in the blog entry:
>
> self.panel1.Height = (self.Height / 2) - 15
>
> And I think this accounts for 30 pixels empty area at the bottom in
> Mono screenshots.

    *We take the 15 pixels off the height of the form to account for the
title bar.*

On windows ``self.Height`` includes the title bar - so the two panels
have to be a bit less than half the height of the form. I couldn't see a
Form property that would tell me the *visible* height of the form.

It looks like it would be better on Mono with just  :

(self.Height / 2)

(Which is more sensible) Can you take screenshots of that and I'll
include a note.

Fuzzyman