[IronPython] Improving performance with stronger typing

Andrew Deren andrew at adersoftware.com
Tue Jun 6 09:04:37 PDT 2006

I also have interest in this subject. I'm working on another language that
is as dynamic as python (even more so) and figuring out types is not easy.
You can do some advanced code analysis to find some cases where you can
guarantee the types, but that is not the most of the time.
PHP added type hints to class methods, so with those you can do it. Another
good example is boo language which looks similar to python but has strong
typing, but you can do "duck" typing too.
Andrew