[IronPython] Beta7 goodness

Mike Hostetler hostetlerm at gmail.com
Tue Jun 6 12:05:16 PDT 2006

I admit that I haven't used IronPython since Beta1, but today I had a
chance to bang on Beta7 for a while.  For a big test, I copied over
the standard lib and the most-excellent path module, which combines
all sorts of standard modules into one.  You can get it here:

http://www.jorendorff.com/articles/python/path/

Since the path module imports sys, os, fnmatch, glob, shutil, and
codecs, it follows that those will work, too.  And since those modules
depend on other standard modules . . . well, you get the idea.

And life looks good:

IronPython 1.0.60523 (Beta) on .NET 2.0.50727.42
>>> from path import path
>>> parent = path(\"..\")
>>> for dll in parent.glob(\"*.dll\"):
...    print dll
..\IronMath.dll
..\IronPython.dll
..\MSEDAF.dll
..\MSEL.dll
..\WPOBJAPILib.dll

Also, right now I have IronPy talking web services to a .Net 1.1
server and running fine.

Great work guys!
--
Mike Hostetler