[IronPython] remoting from IronPython

Ralph Soons ralph.soons.asml at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 14 00:09:57 PDT 2006

Hi all,

I am trying to call an function on a server via remoting, using IronPython.
First I created a c# server/client to test everything.

In the C# client I have the following code:
RemotingConfiguration.Configure("executablename.exe.config", false);
RemoteObject object = new RemoteObject();
I can now reach my remote object from the client.

There after I used IronPython to do the same in python:
s = NameSpace.RemoteObject()
I now get the following error:
Cannot load type 'clr:IronPython.Runtime.IDynamicObject, IronPython

I also tried:
s = System.Activator.GetObject( System.Type.GetType(NameSpace.RemoteObject),
"http://localhost:9000/mytest" )
I then get this error:
#  File , line 0, in GetObject##10
#  File mscorlib, line unknown, in GetObject
#SystemError: Trying to create a proxy to an unbound type.

Can someone tell me if its possible to use remoting from IronPython or does
any one has an idea what I am doing wrong?

Many thanks!
Ralph Soons