[IronPython] remoting from IronPython

Ralph Soons ralph.soons.asml at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 15 00:43:39 PDT 2006

I am using a seperate process. After I include IronPython.dll in the library
where my remote object is implemented, I get the following exception:
"Attempted to call a method declared on type
'IronPython.Runtime.IDynamicObject' on an object which exposes
'RemotingServerClient.ServerTalk'." (RemotingServerClient.ServerTalk is my
remote object)
If you need the stacktrace, see the attachment.

I also have another problem. I was trying to get an event via remoting from
the server back to my client (using client activated objects setting). I
include a library in both the server as the python client in which my remote
object is implemented. This also contains a delegate to be used for the
event. When I try to register a delegate from the python client, I get the
following exception:
Cannot serialize delegates over unmanaged function pointers, dynamic methods
or methods outside the delegate creator's assembly.
When using a c# client, this works ok.

Thanks for your help.
Ralph Soons

http://www.join.msn.com/messenger/overview