[IronPython] Choosing the right overload

Jonathan Jacobs korpse-ironpython at kaydash.za.net
Fri Jun 16 10:28:40 PDT 2006

Jonathan Jacobs wrote:
> Direct3D.Device, clr.GetClrType(Direct3D.ExtendedMaterial).MakeArrayType())]
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>    File , line 0, in <stdin>##22
>    File , line 0, in get_Item##18
> TypeError: No match found for the method signature (<type 'str'>, <type
> 'MeshFlags'>, <type 'Device'>, Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.ExtendedMaterial[])

I did some digging in the source code, it looks like the problem is the
indexer for BuiltinFunctionOverloadMapper. The problem appears to be: from
Python I am unable to specify whether an argument is byref or not and so the
comparison fails when trying to match signatures.
--
Jonathan

When you meet a master swordsman,
show him your sword.