[IronPython] Perl to Python

Joe Mason joe at notcharles.ca
Mon Jul 16 21:08:21 PDT 2007

Depends entirely on the complexity of the Perl code.  For simple scripts
that I've had to make changes to, I've definitely found it easier to run
through it once to convert the entire thing to Python, because the mental
space you're in when converting code is very different from the one you're
in when thinking about how to design it.  If I have to stop at every step to
puzzle out how to do something in Perl, it really slows me down, but
figuring out what a bit of Perl code means and how it should be expressed in
Python isn't so bad.