[IronPython] shall #14454 be fixed for 1.X ?

Dino Viehland dinov at exchange.microsoft.com
Tue Apr 22 08:19:33 PDT 2008

It shouldn't cause the lambda's to be lost.  The picture ends up looking like:

| Object W/ |                   |           |
| Event  ---+- strong ref---->  | Lambda    |

| Dictionary                           |
| KeyValuePair 0:                    |
|    Key: WeakRef -> Object W/ Event |
|    Value: WeakRef -> Lambda        |

So long as your object w/ an event remains rooted it has a strong reference to the lambda.  If the reference to the object w/ the event is lost then both objects can be collected.

It should be fairly straight forward to port this back to 1.1.