[IronPython] Determine the classes/interfaces a Python implements

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Mon Dec 15 13:20:18 PST 2008

Hi Jeff,

Probably the easiest way of doing this is to define a Python function
that uses issubtype. You can use this as a delegate from the C# side
(warning untested):

ScriptScope scope = engine.CreateScope();
ScriptSource imports = engine.CreateScriptSourceFromString("from System
import ISomething", SourceCodeKind.Staatements);
imports.Execute(scope);
ScriptSource source = engine.CreateScriptSourceFromString("lambda x:
issubtype(x, ISomething)", SourceCodeKind.Expression);
Func<object, bool> Implements = (scope)source.Execute(scope);

bool result = Implements(some_object);

Note that issubtype will barf if you give it anything other than a type,
so it may make more sense to define a function with exception handling
and pull it out of the scope instead.

HTH

Michael Foord

http://www.ironpythoninaction.com/