[IronPython] IronPython 1.1.1 wish-list?

Dino Viehland dinov at exchange.microsoft.com
Wed Jan 2 11:56:54 PST 2008

FYI this one is already fixed in the v2.0 tree, but I'll look at fixing it in v1.1.1 as well - it's a little more invasive than I'd usually want but it shouldn't be too bad.

But if you want to work around it for the time being you can replace __init__ w/ __new__:

class TESTINGwrite(file):
    def __new__(cls, fname):
        return file.__new__(cls,fname,"w",1)
    def writesomething(self):
        self.write("Hi there\n")

x = TESTINGwrite("testing_TMP.txt")
x.writesomething()

We just have the functionality of __init__ in __new__ currently.  And if you want to always work regardless of version it looks like you can just define both __new__ and __init__.