[IronPython] IronPython and polymorphism? Help with interfaces

Miha Valencic miha.valencic at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 05:46:18 PST 2008

Slide, thanks for a quick response. My answers are inline:

On Jan 23, 2008 1:13 PM, Slide <slide.o.mix at gmail.com> wrote:

> What if you don't implement the interface explicitly? You have

That of course works.

> >From an MSDN explicit interface tutorial
Well, if you are the developer of the library in question this is one way to
solve it. But in my case, this is really a 3rd party library that I want to
access. And I can do so with .NET language, but no can do with Ipy. You
mentioned explicit cast to IPerson. I think this is the language problem in
python, since Python does not support interfaces. Thus, code

explicit_cast = IPerson(objectInQuestion)

throws an exception NoneType yada yada. Am I missing something here?