[IronPython] How to set a namespace for IronPython classes?

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Fri Oct 17 06:04:29 PDT 2008

Vladimir Eremeev wrote:
> Michael Foord-5 wrote:
>> If you want to *use* those classes from .NET (say from C#) you will need
>> to do it through the IronPython hosting API rather than directly
>> referencing the compiled assemblies anyway.
> Do you mean this?
>  http://remark.wordpress.com/2008/09/23/running-python-from-c/

That kind of thing yes. There are a list of interesting resources on the
subject here:

This is only for interacting with IronPython from C#. If you can do
everything from inside IronPython - or just using C# classes from inside
IronPython rather than the other way round - then you don't need to
worry about the hosting API. In this case it is worth reading some
Python tutorials to see how Python does its namespacing and application
/ library structuring (modules and packages).