[IronPython] help on Vista x64

Curt Hagenlocher curt at hagenlocher.org
Sun Oct 26 13:51:41 PDT 2008

The code is in IronPython\Runtime\Types\DocBuilder.cs.  The specific code
which translates to an XML file is in "XPathDocument
GetXPathDocument(Assembly asm)".

In theory, we could say "if the file is not found and the pathname contains
'Framework64', then substitute 'Framework' for 'Framework64' and try again."

However, this makes a lot of assumptions about things that are not actually
guaranteed by the framework -- and in particular, are not likely to be the
same under Mono.