[IronPython] How do I register functions that Python can run from C#?

BlackMan890 blackman at simnet.is
Wed Mar 18 05:48:12 PDT 2009

Hi there.

I was wondering how one would achieve registering a C# function that python
code would be able to call, something like this:

--- test.py ---------------

def return_crap():
	# do something
	crap = GetDataFromCSharp()
	# do some more
	return crap

This is my current C# code:

--- program.cs -----------

static void Main(string[] args)
	ScriptEngine engine = Python.CreateEngine();
	CompiledCode compile = engine.CreateScriptSourceFromFile("test.py", new
UTF8Encoding(), SourceCodeKind.Statements).Compile();
	ScriptScope scope = engine.CreateScope();
	ObjectOperations operations = engine.Operations;

	catch (Exception ex)
		ExceptionOperations eo = engine.GetService<ExceptionOperations>();

	GetData = scope.GetVariable<Func>("return_crap");

	object data = GetData();

public static object GetDataFromCSharp()
	return "test";

Of course an error will occur because GetDataFromCSharp has not yet been
defined. I was wondering how one would go to register the function :)
Sent from the IronPython mailing list archive at Nabble.com.