[IronPython] what does MethodImplOptions.NoOptimization do?

Dino Viehland dinov at microsoft.com
Wed Sep 23 13:41:54 PDT 2009

It’s going to disable JIT optimizations on the individual method.  This was added because we were seeing some differences between release builds and debug builds around floating point math.   We need to track down the real issue but it may just be a CLR bug that doesn’t affect Mono (or maybe it’s a valid optimization that only shows up because floating point numbers aren’t being spilled from their 80-bit internal representation into memory as 64-bit values).