[IronPython] IronPython/NWSGI 0-byte 200/404 response with HelloWorld?

Jeff Hardy jdhardy at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 13:13:14 PDT 2009

On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 1:01 PM, Markus Törnqvist <mjt at nysv.org> wrote:
> I haven't debugged this too much, yet, but I'm not sure what to make of it.
>
> I certainly never had a settings.SESSION_ENGINE, and when I run CPython
> and manage.py runserver elsewhere with tracing in the sources, I see it
> default to django.contrib.sessions.backends.db

You can add SESSION_ENGINE to your config file to change which backend
it uses. It's in the django docs, somewhere.

> I probably need to sleep on this, I'm not getting where the magic
> is happening, but in any case, it might also be that IronPython still
> has import problems, because I've run this with CPython successfully...

IIRC, the default session db backend doesn't work with IronPython. For
testing I usually used the cache backend, and then set the cache to
use the in-memory backend. Again, this is in the django docs,
somewhere.

> I also found this django-aspnet thing, but its session store is apparently
> just another backend, not anything that would fix this issue :/

It uses the ASP.NET session store as a backend
(http://jdhardy.blogspot.com/2008/11/integrating-django-and-aspnet.html),
which might actually take care of your issue. I haven't updated them
in a while, so I'm not sure if they work with the latest version of
Django.

- Jeff