[IronPython] App stops responding, form won't refresh

robinsiebler robinsiebler at 321.net
Wed May 26 14:40:14 PDT 2010

This is my 1st IronPython/.NET app. It is really simple, all it does is zip
all the files in a folder into an archive, 1 file per zip.

The problem is that when it is zipping large files 200MB+ the app stops
responding. It is still zipping files, but the UI doesn't update. I don't
know how to fix this.

The project is here -

I think I need to add a thread to update the form, but all of my attempts
have failed. Any help in this regard would be greatly appreciated.
Sent from the IronPython mailing list archive at Nabble.com.