[IronPython] Issue Triage

Jeff Hardy jdhardy at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 20:54:00 PST 2010

There are over 1000 open issues on CodePlex
(http://ironpython.codeplex.com/workitem/list/basic), many of them
dating back to IronPython 1.0. A few people have wondered what they
can do to help IronPython without being familiar with the project. If
you're one of those people, then triaging issues would be a great
place to start - those issues should be checked against a modern
version of IronPython (preferably 2.7b1) to see if they are still
valid.

Also, I'd like to start getting a list of issues that are blockers for
releasing 2.7. If you have an issue that is blocking you in IronPython
2.7b1, report it on this list - I'll bump the priority up to high to
make sure it doesn't get missed.

Finally, if everyone could vote for this CodePlex issue
(http://codeplex.codeplex.com/workitem/25398) it would make it much
easier to share the list of blocking bugs. For now, Status = Open,
Impact = High, Release = 2.7. The ones already in the list are the
ones I plan on fixing myself.

- Jeff