[IronPython] Re turning data to a form

Michael Foord michael at voidspace.org.uk
Sun Nov 28 10:52:10 PST 2010

On 28/11/2010 18:47, robinsiebler wrote:
> I have 2 forms, form a has a button that launches form b. Form b has 2
> textboxes and an OK button.  When the OK button is clicked, I want the form
> to close and the data to be returned to form a. How do I do this?
One way is to show the second form modally (with a call to ShowDialog I
believe), this will freeze the first form until the second form exits.

Another way would be to hide the first form when the second one is
shown. Give the second form a reference to the first one, and in the
handler functions for the accept / cancel buttons for the second form
re-show the first form.

All the best,

Michael

--

http://www.voidspace.org.uk/

READ CAREFULLY. By accepting and reading this email you agree,
on behalf of your employer, to release me from all obligations
and waivers arising from any and all NON-NEGOTIATED agreements,
licenses, terms-of-service, shrinkwrap, clickwrap, browsewrap,
confidentiality, non-disclosure, non-compete and acceptable use
policies (”BOGUS AGREEMENTS”) that I have entered into with your
employer, its partners, licensors, agents and assigns, in
perpetuity, without prejudice to my ongoing rights and privileges.
You further represent that you have the authority to release me
from any BOGUS AGREEMENTS on behalf of your employer.