[IronPython] announcing adodbapi version 2.4.2 now with PostgreSQL support.
vernondcole at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 23:35:50 PST 2011
This module not only _runs_ in IronPython ... IPy 2.7 was used to create the
Whats new in version 2.4.2
1. The cursor has a new .query attribute. It returns the (possibly
converted) query sent to ADO. [Thanks to William Dode.]
This may be useful for testing paramstyle 'format' and 'named' queries.
.query is an extension borrowed from psycopg2.
2. Added .command and .parameters attributes, which are copies of the
original command and parameters sent the the cursor.
3. Added tests using a PostgreSQL server. Tests are now run for ACCESS, MS
SQL, MySQL and PostgreSQL.
4. Column name data access is now case insignificant (since PostgreSQL
returns lower case column names).
so (if a row object 'r' contains a first column 'spam') r, r.Spam,
r.spam and r['SPAM'] are all equivalent.
5. The connection has new attributes .dbms_name and .dbms_version to display
the underlying database engine. (like mxODBC)
adodbapi is a Python DB-API 2.0 module that makes it easy to use Microsoft
for connecting with databases and other data sources
using either CPython or IronPython.
Home page: http://sourceforge.net/projects/adodbapi
* 100% DB-API 2.0 compliant.
* Includes pyunit testcases that describe how to use the module.
* Fully implemented in Python. -- runs in Python 2.3+ Python 3.0+ and
* Licensed under the LGPL license, which means that it can be used freely
even in commercial programs subject to certain restrictions.
* Supports eGenix mxDateTime, Python 2.3 datetime module and Python time
* Supports multiple paramstyles: 'qmark' 'named' 'format'
* Supports data retrieval by column name e.g.:
for row in myCurser.execute("select name,age from students"):
print "Student", row.name, "is", row.age, "years old"
* Supports user-definable system-to-Python data convertion functions
(selected by ADO data type, or by column)
* Money and Decimal column data is in decimal.Decimal format (unless you
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Users