[IronPython] Python Tools for Visual Studio

Dino Viehland dinov at microsoft.com
Thu Mar 10 06:39:23 PST 2011

Can you elaborate on "efficient"?  Do you mean response time or actual usefulness?

IronPython does take a little while to bring up members for a type you haven't
completed against yet because reflection is slow.  But for CPython we have a separate
database that's much faster.

If it's actual usefulness you may find the PyTools analysis to be better as there have
been some general improvements and bug fixes there.  If you have some specific
repros I'd love to hear about them so we can fix them.