[IronPython] IronPython 2.7.1 & 3.x Development

Jeff Hardy jdhardy at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 11:08:04 PDT 2011

On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 9:55 AM, Markus Schaber
<m.schaber at 3s-software.com> wrote:
> As I wrote, we host IronPython inside our application, so shebang and
> file name suffixes are irrelevant - but we could use the shebang as a
> marker for python 3 (given that we can host both versions side-by-side)
> and parse the source manually to find out which version to use - at
> least for a specific grace period.

I think we can support this - it would be no different than using
IronPython and IronRuby side by side, if we do it right. We'd probably
have to rename IronPython.dll to IronPython3.dll as well, but that's
not a big deal.

How you decide which to use would be up to you, though.

Would this be useful for anyone else as well?

- Jeff

More information about the Users mailing list