[IronPython] IronPython 2.7.1 & 3.x Development
Tomas.Matousek at microsoft.com
Tue Mar 15 11:26:38 PDT 2011
The assemblies are strongly named so I don't think that the name change would be necessary.
From: users-bounces at lists.ironpython.com [mailto:users-bounces at lists.ironpython.com] On Behalf Of Jeff Hardy
Sent: Tuesday, March 15, 2011 11:08 AM
To: Discussion of IronPython
Subject: Re: [IronPython] IronPython 2.7.1 & 3.x Development
On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 9:55 AM, Markus Schaber <m.schaber at 3s-software.com> wrote:
> As I wrote, we host IronPython inside our application, so shebang and
> file name suffixes are irrelevant - but we could use the shebang as a
> marker for python 3 (given that we can host both versions
> side-by-side) and parse the source manually to find out which version
> to use - at least for a specific grace period.
I think we can support this - it would be no different than using IronPython and IronRuby side by side, if we do it right. We'd probably have to rename IronPython.dll to IronPython3.dll as well, but that's not a big deal.
How you decide which to use would be up to you, though.
Would this be useful for anyone else as well?
Users mailing list
Users at lists.ironpython.com
More information about the Users